Potter's Wheel: A Search for Love and the Truth...

I am restarting this blog for the purpose of discussing relationships more so than promoting my novel, maybe both. I feel that it is important if we as sensitive humans are going to get any happiness out of life. I hope you will join me and add to the discussion wherever possible.

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Sensitivity

Women are sensitive, emotional, and afraid of mice. Men are cold, calculating, and warlike. At least that is the conventional wisdom.

It is my opinion, that this is not only a very rash generalization, but a very dangerous, irrational, and ignorant assumption that could not be further from the truth.

Men may be taught from infants that they shouldn’t cry; however, that instruction does not alleviate the turmoil and pain they experience throughout most of their life that is based on their innate emotional selves.

It is my contention that men are not only more sensitive and feeling than women, but that women are more cold, calculating and more purposeful than men.

Let me immediately say that this is not necessarily a bad thing, but a great survival tool for the human race. And there are many benefits to this, which I will discuss in the future. So don’t get upset with me until you read it all.

Let’s begin to look at this, by asking a few questions. Obviously, these are not all of them.

1. Are men more warlike because they feel more deeply about ideologies, country, love, family etc. than you might think? The Trojan War was supposedly fought over a woman, right?

2. Do men seem to go after more sex within relationships or outside of them, because they are looking for more profound intimacies? Though that search is the mantra of most women I know, but I’m certainly not convinced of it.

3. Who is a woman’s worst enemy (other than herself, which is everyone’s problem)? It is another woman, of course. Hence, the reason women can work with men easier than other women. That really isn’t a touchy-feely way to go through life.

4. When a child is in danger, is a woman any less apt to fight to protect them than a man? Look at a tigress and her cubs, or a hen and her peeps.

I subtly go into all of this in Potter’s Wheel. When one of my reader’s began to encounter sections alluding to this, actually it was discussing the main character’s (a man) inner feelings, she simply and honestly stated, I really can’t believe that any man feels that way.

A friend of mine who was there at the time, who was a psychotherapist, said to her, “You really have no idea what a man feels!” I think that is the basis of what I’m discussing.

This is only the beginning, more later…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home