Potter's Wheel: A Search for Love and the Truth...

I am restarting this blog for the purpose of discussing relationships more so than promoting my novel, maybe both. I feel that it is important if we as sensitive humans are going to get any happiness out of life. I hope you will join me and add to the discussion wherever possible.

Monday, March 13, 2006

What a Man Looks For?

The books say that a man subconsciously looks for a woman that will give him a strong child. Women think that he just wants sex.

I've got news for you. Most men want a companion, a lover (and yes a lot of sex, don't fight it enjoy it), and someone to share the pitfalls and triumphs of everyday life.

The most important thing a woman can do for a healthy relationship is make sure that the man feels important. Most women instinctively put children and home far above a man in the hierarchy of relationship needs. This is a very big mistake.

In the movie "The Good Son", the mother said to her son, "Don't make me choose between your father and you. I must choose your father." If every woman felt this way, things would certainly be different.

This is not to say that is the way to handle a pathological situation, but in the normal course of events. Fathers are too often made to feel less than needed and reserved for punishment duties.

Remember children grow up and leave the nest. If she wants someone there when they do, make sure your man feels needed for more than financial support.

Chuck

Copyright 2006 Charles E. Rickard All Rights Reserved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home